Monday, January 11, 2010

Hybrid Birthday Cards...

Since I discovered Kristina Werner's design blog I've become more and more interested in card making. Her weekly card making videos are fantastic and SO inspiring! I wish I could do cards like her, well, she's a pro and I'm only a newbie:)
And she's got lot of tools and material I still don't have, but want of course. I'm drooling over clear stamps, embossing powder and corner punches, lol.

So I'm doing it the hybrid way, (for now anyway)... Peppermintcreative has this gorgeous paper pack, Birthday Boogie.





I used the paper with the cupcake pattern on my birthday card below. The pink ribbon has golden edges but it's hard to see on the photo. The font I used on the circle is Euphorigenic which you can find at dafont for free.

I'm off now to check on some of Kristina Werner's old videos, I haven't watched all yet:)





4 comments:

Cerise said...

Cards are fun to make. I'll have to check out the site!
Very cute card!!

daisydilly (vicki) said...

Beautiful card. I like to make cards as well but alas mine turn out not so grand. Grandkids love'em so that's all that counts.

Gro said...

Kjempeflott kort du har laget :)
Prøvde meg for første gang med et hybrid kort + noen gaveesker i jula. Var veldig artig faktisk. Takk for link til Kristina, skal sjekke ut det. Må jo prøve på mere kortlaging ;)

Carol B said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!