Friday, December 12, 2008

New Lucia Freebie...




(Included are 3 papers, 1 photo frame in several versions, 1 large frame in several versions, 4 doodles and 1 word art in several versions. It is NOT a quick page!)

I realized the other day that people are still downloading my Lucia freebie from last year, and I felt so embarrassed, lol... as when I looked inside the kit I saw all the flaws, I think I've learned some things since then. Actually I painted those doodles with the mouse in Photoshop, have you ever tried painting with the mouse, rather difficult I'd say. Nowadays I draw and paint either by hand on paper and then scan or with my wacom tablet in Illustrator. The doodles in this new Lucia kit are made in Illustrator, so no stray pixels this time.
All elements are not shown on the preview, I've made several versions of the word art and the frames.
For Norwegian and Danish scrappers; there's a png-file with just "Sankta Lucia" so that you can make your own word art as I don't know the lyrics of the songs you sing while celebrating Lucia.
In Swedish: Hoppas att ni kan få användning av det här Lucia kitet, allt som ingår syns inte på bilden, jag har gjort flera versioner av wordarten och ramarna. Jag önskar er alla en trevlig Lucia helg:)
For all of you that are new to "Lucia", you can read about St Lucy here. We're celebrating her tomorrow, Saturday the 13th of December, with gingersnaps and saffron buns and a lot of beautiful traditional Lucia songs. She lights up December for us, it's so dark right now here in Sweden.
You can download here. Have a great weekend:)

9 comments:

mel_h said...

hi angelica! just wanted to pop by to say hello and that im thinking of you! i hope you are doing well and that things are going all your way.
wishing you a fabulous festive season!
much love
mel xxxxxxxxxxxxx

DigiFreebiesList said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Digital Freebies Search List, under the Quick Page(s) post. Thanks again.

Digi Free said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 12 Dec [LA 09:00pm] - 13 Dec [NY 12:00am, UK 05:00am, OZ 04:00pm] ).

Sylvia said...

Thanks so much!

Michelle from MD, USA said...

Eeewww! I never knew she was supposed to be burned. That would be so awful. It was very lucky for Lucy that the fire didn't want her! The traditions of St. Lucia Day are a very sweet way to celebrate her. Thank you for "enlightening" me on a tradition from your country. I hope you had a happy St Lucy day.

Peace,
Michelle

Pattycakes said...

Love this....Thank you! Thank you! :)

Karen said...

Tusen takk for den nye freebien, og takk for hilsningen på bloggen min.

Legger ved den norske teksten.

sankta lucia

Svart senker natten seg
i stall og stuer.
Solen har gått sin vei.
Skyggene truer.
Inn i vårt mørke hus
Stiger med tente lys
Sankta Lucia, Sankta Lucia!

Mørket skal flykte snart
fra jordens daler.
Slik hun et underfullt
ord til oss taler.
Dagen skal atter ny
stige av røde sky
Sankta Lucia, Sankta Lucia!

Natten er mørk og stum.
Med ett det suser
i alle tyste rom
som vinger bruser.
Se på vår terskel står
hvitkledd med lys i hår
Sankta Lucia, Sankta Lucia!


Håper dere får en fin jul.

Jaana Säker said...

Hej hej!! Vad roligt att hitta en till svensk designer :) Jag skriver till dig för jag undrar om du skulle vilja börja sälja ditt material på min shop? www.scrapyard.se Vi letar designer hela tiden och en till svensk hade ju vart perfekt! Hör gärna av dig vad svaret än blir! Tack!

MVH Jaana Säker

jaana@scrapyard.se

Vera said...

Happy new year, and a very belated merry Christmas :)

I remember hearing about St. Lucia when I went to Sweden many many many years ago. But i've forgotten many details. I do remember that there are many Lucias in Sweden, and Jennys too. Hehe :)