Monday, July 21, 2008

Stones, stones and some more stones...

I told you I was going to enjoy long walks by the shores of Öland, collecting stones and... no, I'm not the artist behind this pile of stones, lol. I lost track of how many formations like this I found during our one week stay at this stony island. This is just the one I chose to aim my camera at.
Anyway, we, hubby and I, have had a GREAT week, even the weather gods must have been with us as you can see from the photos. And I found a wonderful cafe, they even roasted their own coffee and sold bread baked in a stone oven. We tested a lot of different kinds of bread, with dried tomatoes and basilica, honey and salt, bread with dried fruits and a sour dough bread with rosemary... shouldn't forget to mention their cakes and cookies. Lemon pies and chocolate cakes with cherries, cheesecakes and the list can go on and on, we had to go there several times...
On to some other things, believe it or not, I received a blog award! I'm so surprised and honoured that fellow designer Mel Hains, from South Africa, wanted me to have this, thank you so much Mel! (She's got some really lovely freebies on her blog...)

It also means I've been tagged, I'm supposed to give this award to 5/6 other people by visiting their blogs and tagging them, then I have to answer some questions.
As I have some trouble choosing between all the inspiring digi-blogs I visit now and then, I've decided to send out a big {{{{hug}}}} to all the GREAT blogger out there who share so generously with us all, both through beautiful freebies or/and by being great sources of inspiration and new ideas. All blogs on my bloglist deserves this award, so consider yourselves chosen...
But I will answer the questions of course;
Ten years ago;
Hm, that's 1998... an important year for me as I met my hubby in the summer that year. My sister decided to have a dinner party and invited me and some friends, and some friends of her hubby that I didn't know before. What can I say, it was instant love. Two weeks later we were a couple, living together and in 1999 we got married.
Five things in today's "to do" list;
Boring stuff; 1) do the laundry (one week vacation is enough), 2) water all my plants, 3) oh god, have to fill the refrigerator, its empty, 4) have to cook dinner, 5) check 20 or so emails... When will I have time for some designing???
Snacks I enjoy;
I love Greek salad, but that's no snack I guess... roasted cashew nuts or soybeans, dipping vegetables in a good sauce, like hummus for example. A half zucchini in the oven covered with a mixture of Feta (Greek cheese) and creme fraiche until its golden. Green asparagus with roasted pine nuts and Parmesan cheese on top. Prosciutto di Parma in rolls filled with Philly cheese, dried tomatoes and basilica, Salad Caprese; tomatoes, basilica and mozzarella. Sorry, I got carried away, can you guess I'm very, very hungry, LOL...

Now I have to cook dinner, before I start eating on the computer...

4 comments:

LovelyMissKait said...

Hello Angelica,
I am so glad that you had a great vacation and tried out new foods. Love the pictures...so very interesting and beautiful.

Thank you for stopping by my blog. And yes, I made the ATC card with "A Walk in the Meadows" kit by our mutual favorite designer, Lorie Davison.

I am sorry I am late, but congratulations on selling your beautiful designs over at 2littlepixels. I love Sharon's designs and am ever so glad that she recognized your talent and recruited you.

I had completely forgotten about your cancer...I remember reading about it when you first opened up your blog a while ago. I am happy that you are still active and that it hasn't gotten the best of you. Praying for continued health.

Hugs,
Kait

ksharonk said...

Ooooh, welcome back! But wow, you are making me verrrry hungry! Off to find some dinner! :)

tempus fugit said...

Hi Angelica,
must have been a wonderful trip! The photos are absolutely beautiful.. and the description of the café... yummi, yummi...
And congrats for the award- you definately deserved it. I really like your blog and all the things you create!
Love, Doris

pc said...

sounds great vacation~! ^^ love the stones formation, the cafe & yummy breads. wonder will i be in any place of europe... hehehe... gotto 'hunt' hard...

thanks for sharing... happy weekend to you.