Tuesday, June 10, 2008

In Grandma´s Secret Garden...



First of all, thank you for all your sweet comments on my "Summer Doodles", I find it fascinating that some small doodled flowers can be so popular and downloaded so many times. But I love to doodle so I'm thinking of making some more, perhaps not flowers this time though.

Me and my family celebrated my youngest sisters birthday the other day in my mom's garden, she's got this party-tent, or what you call it... So naturally I tried to get some good shots, photos that is, but when I looked at them afterwards, god, was I disappointed. But with some great photo shop actions I managed to rescue some of them. Natasha Whiteley's wonderful actions (freebies) that you can find at the DSSA {the blog} and Taylor Made Harsh Contrast-actions (4 ) that you can find as a freebie right now at Oscraps, helped me a lot. I really thought that especially Taylor Made's washed out action was cool.


Wilhelm found Grandma's wind bell (don't know the right name for it?) and tried his best to wake the dead, LOL. Grandma got several of these in her garden, guess she wants the peace of a Buddhist temple... Anyhow, you get the feeling you're in Tibet. I used N Whiteley's Contrastpopncolour-action on these two photos.





The Birthday child, well not so much child anymore, she's 26. She popped out of a really dark photo with the help of Taylor Made's color action. She's showing off my scrapped birthday card, that disappeared though through the action, LOL, you can't get everything right...



My dear sister and her little son, Edwin, looks really sophisticated with the help of Taylor Mades washed out action. Great stuff... She's trying to get some of my cake while taking care of a very lively son. That's why she's so thin, LOL.


Edwin, is in the age where he really appreciates Grandma's garden, it's kind of a jungle for him I guess. So much to investigate and discover. (N Whiteley's contrastpopncolour-action again.)

It was a lovely day in Grandma's secret garden...


5 comments:

LovelyMissKait said...

Love the bright colors of the photos. And that washed out action looks great on your sister's photo and that of Edwin. Isn't it fun to use actions to improve a photo? TFS.

Anonymous said...

Some wonderful photos here. Loved viewing them.
~ Robin

Cindyrelly said...

I agree it is almost impossible to get good shots with such active targets ;) I think you got some really great ones and have a lovely family. I have never used actions on photos before so now I have to explore this whole concept. Oh, TYVM for the doodles I just downloaded that. Have a Great Weekend!

Scrap Stew Sue said...

Anjelica I am loving your photo exhibitions and recommendations for certain photo action effects!
I'm going to break open the piggy bank and buy some. Your subjects must be pleased to see such wonderful results.
Hugs
Sue

AnneMarie said...

if you want to see what the action did to the card (making it too hot and thus losing the detail) do the action or any for that matter on a separate layer and then erase back in what you don't want to lose detail in.
YOu can do this by simply using the eraser or use a Hide All Mask and then using the black paint brush and paint it back in. Then you can have it all ;)