Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Warped shadows...

I realized, when I read some of the comments of my last post, that I had forgot to tell you that there are no shadows on the elements or the scalloped mats. Most scrappers prefer to make their own shadows and it also tends to become huge downloads...

But I know that not everyone has got Photoshop and are able to create warped shadows so I have made an add-on, it's the same scalloped mats and frames as in the real kit but these have warped shadows.

When I was new to digi-scrapping I used PSE5 and I couldn't figure out how to make realistic shadows. I clicked on the shadowstyle but it looked like the elements were floating above the paper. Finally I learned to go to the menu (or doubleclick on the little flower in the layermenu) layer - layerstyles - scale effects to finetune the shadows.

Misty Cato was my rescue, her tutorials on shadowing are the best. I learned from her to make a shadowlayer below my element and fill it with black color and then use Gaussian blur and wave (distortion filter) to make it look real. You can't warp in PSE but you can make quite good shadows nevertheless.

I'm not an expert on making shadows and I'm not good at making tutorials either so check out Misty's site, shadows are important, they can make a world of difference for your LO...

You can download here

16 comments:

Marcy said...

Beautiful, thank you very much!

Misty Cato said...

I saw your pretty mats on IKEAgoddesses blog and came to get that beautiful white one to scrap my baby girl. What a wonderful surprise to find your kind words about my blog and tutorials. I'm thrilled you've found them helpful. All the best and thanks for the wonderful gift.

Jessica said...

it may seem small to some, but including the shadows with this is so great!

Trisha said...

Thank you for the spring add-on kit Angelica.

Melissa said...

Thank you so much for sharing this! I have not learned how to do shadows so this is PERFECT!!!

Dawn said...

soo fresh and pretty! thank you

Maria said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today.

cjournet13 said...

thank you so !!!

Sandy said...

Thank you so much for the lovely gift! And also for the reminder about Misty's tutorials :) Have a fantastic day!

verabear said...

thank you so much. You're right, Misty Cato makes awesome tutorials :)

scrapulette said...

What a good idea these shadows !
Thank you so much ...

Scrap Stew Sue said...

Angelica I love your designs and this add-on is supurb.
I had a laugh about your nephew "childartist". Thank you for all your beautiful work.

cinmcw said...

Thank you so much for sharing! These are beautiful!

Cindy/cinmcw

Mara said...

thank you very much, esp. for the addon

Amber said...

This is very pretty. Thank you for sharing!

Carol said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!!! I adore that white mat. Thank you very much.