Friday, March 21, 2008

Happy Easter...

I wish you all a happy easter-holiday.... Outside my window its snowing at the moment and blowing really hard, in fact a snowstorm. I have been complaining all winter on the lack of snow but now I thought spring had arrived, I was so wrong. Hope it will disappear until sunday when we will have our egghunting. Wilhelm, the oldest of my sisters two boys, love to look for eggs outside and it will be difficult if its a lot of snow. You can see how happy he was last year when he finally found the egg the easterhare (is it easterbunny in english?) had so cleverly hidden (me actually).

The other day he and I painted eggs for hours, he's really artistic and he was very frank about it, - I am an artist, he said very earnest, a childartist. I had a hard time not laughing, but I had to agree with him. -Yes, you certainly are, I told him. Nothing wrong with his selfconfidence, thats for sure.

My sister told me today that he had insisted on buying more eggs cause he wanted to paint more. He's also painted a lot of easterpictures, he gave them away to the neighbours when he and and a playmate of his walked around the neighbourhood as eastermen (a male version of easterwitches) Its a swedish tradition for children to dress up like witches for easter and walk around almost like american children at halloween, they get candy or sometimes money when they visit. They usually give away an easterdrawing and wish happy easter. The easterwitches are said to go on a broomstick to "BlÄkulla" with their black cats, in Germany they go to Hexentanzplatz I think, that would be on the mountain Brocken in Harz, I've been there once, not as a witch though, LOL.

Have you downloaded Ksharonk´s quickpage yet? I look forward to friday each week, I love Sharons designs, and her photos are so beautiful... I just had to use her QP right away, I love the green color and the simplicity of her design.

Thank you for all your kind comments about my Vintage Spring Kit. I was surprised that so many of you wanted the shadowed versions of my scalloped mats. Something for me to think about in the future...



4 comments:

Connie said...

I wish you a happy Easter, too! Sounds like you're having fun with your nephew, which is great! It's so interesting to hear about customs in your country - so thank you for sharing your time & talent and stories!

rietje said...

Happy Easter for you too! Thank you so much for the beautiful freebies. Love the flower doodles, they are so gorgeous!

Melissa said...

I really enjoyed reading about your Easter traditions!! Thank you for all of the wonderful goodies.

tempus fugit said...

Hi Angelica, I found you through ScrappingwithIkeaGodess and... I think it's amazing what you are doing! SO BEAUTIFUL layouts! I couldn't resist and grabbed some at 4shared - Thank you very much for all of them!! Love and hugs from Austria, Doris (tempusfug.blogspot.com- you can take revenge and take freebies from me)